Friday, July 4, 2014

Hiren's Boot CD


Hiren's Boot CD is a bundle of system utilities in a bootable CD.  Here is a list of included software tools.

It is highly useful.

For example, my Windows installation on VirtualBox used 2 partitions C: and D:. Unfortunately C: drive is only 6GB. I found the space not enough when I tried to install VS.NET Express 2008 and relevant server development softwares.  Then I used a tool (Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.0 in the Partition Tools section, see here for a short introduction with screenshot) from this CD to shrink D: drive and expand C: drive. Now I have 14GB on C: drive, enough to fit in the softwares I wanted.  It only took 5-10 minutes and 2 automatic reboot, partly because the disks are still quite empty.

Just download the ISO (at the end of this page, or direct link here) and burn it to a CD, or just mount it virtually. The download is about 592.5MB in size.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers